Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 06:23 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: your motorcycle?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 21:39 pm 
Apprentice

Hello. I have a question. What motorcycle ride?
:D

I greet all :) :)

Post subject: The bike I ride...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 06:13 am 
Hurricane

I ride a Harley-Davidson 883 converted to a 1200. Nowhere near stock. No adaptions fitted.
List of changes below:

1988 XLH 'Hugger'1200 conversion (1203/73.4116) with '91 rocker assemblies, '96 Buell S1 Lightning top end = 10:1, on an '88 bottom end, WOOD's KNIGHT PROWLER cams, Jims Hydrosolid lifters, Keihin CV carb 40-170 jets, Plain old 6" round chrome and foam filter element A/C, Vance & Hines Straight Shots (for '04 & up with modified/plugged lower crossover), Accel VR, Screamin' Eagle 8000 ignition module, SE Orange coil, Accel 8.8mm wires, SVR 325c.c.a. battery, AMP PowerClutch unit, Barnett K Series Kevlar clutch plates, Drag bars, JOS Billet WideGlide front end, Progressive front springs, Kuryakyn brace, Dual front brakes with a mix of Russell & Goodridge stainless steel braided lines front and rear, OMP Slotted Billet Nail Style forward controls with Sundance O-ring rests and pegs all around, Dunlop K81 Roadmaster TT100 4.10/90/19 Front, Michelin Commander 140/90/16 Rear, 2/3 Cobalt Blue Pearlcoat, 1/3 Electric Blue Pearlcoat.

NABD Rep
Dunoon, Argyll & Bute

Love my 'tractor'! It's the fastest on the farm...

Last edited by williamv1203 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 18:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:09 am 
Hurricane

Kawasaki VN 2ltr
got a thumb brake fitted (courtesy of the NABD) and a modified right side foot board to accomodate my artificial leg.
I have fitted a VN Nomad screen and hard bags it has V&H powershot pipes

Stix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 17:03 pm 
Hurricane

A vespa 150 tuned to the hilt, blown up and then tuned some more!
Several other scooter projects and a 1981 GPz 1100 in boxes.

Last edited by AdeN on Wed Jun 09, 2010 18:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 17:14 pm 
Apprentice

:D entreaty photos :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 08:48 am 
Apprentice

Gsxr600! :D I'm going to try post a few pics in another thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 14:35 pm 
Apprentice

im just about to start trying to design autoclutch for this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 18:00 pm 
Major Windbag

Still under construction, but here's mine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 21:39 pm 

Crashed my 07 blade, sold my mint SP2 (gutted).
Now got an 03 SV1000S - in nice nick, but not too posh, 'case I drop it whilst getting back into things :?
Hope to be back properly by spring - need to mod / swap control clusters over. Then plenty of practice 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 02:22 am 
Major Windbag

I made the funny papers!

http://www.barnettharley.com/eventsshow ... rt-2-gypsy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 05:47 am 
Gale Force

Been reading your posts in here the last year or 2 so it is extra nice to see the article about you. Got my Harley adapted and running in May but no big time article yet. Great pictures of your family. I would ask if Angie is single shes kinda cute but her dad scares me. Keep on, you will be riding soon, you got any questions about getting a bike going again just ask.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 16:45 pm 
Major Windbag

backwoodsrider wrote:
Been reading your posts in here the last year or 2 so it is extra nice to see the article about you. Got my Harley adapted and running in May but no big time article yet. Great pictures of your family. I would ask if Angie is single shes kinda cute but her dad scares me. Keep on, you will be riding soon, you got any questions about getting a bike going again just ask.

Good to hear you're riding again! Mine will be ready for Xmas...That's a 107" Ultima engine! :shock: Can't wait to take her for a ride! I lucked out on the article. My builder, Marcus has been a friend for 25 years & Rodent was in Daytona doing an article on his shop. He found out about my build & happened to be passing by this way a week later so he stopped in...Instant "Part 2". Part three will be in March when he passes through again...He wants pics of me actually riding the beast! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 16:19 pm 
Hurricane

i have seen something similar to your book reading lady. it was a drive from sidecar that had blacked out windows and a skeleton riding the bike!

anyway, here is my lump:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 16:26 pm 
Gale Force

Gypsylady wrote:
backwoodsrider wrote:

Good to hear you're riding again! Mine will be ready for Xmas...That's a 107" Ultima engine! :shock: Can't wait to take her for a ride! I lucked out on the article. My builder, Marcus has been a friend for 25 years & Rodent was in Daytona doing an article on his shop. He found out about my build & happened to be passing by this way a week later so he stopped in...Instant "Part 2". Part three will be in March when he passes through again...He wants pics of me actually riding the beast! :D

Yeah I was wondering about that motor, long stroke will sound nice and look very classy going down the road. Might take a little practice but judging from those pics the bike has a low center of gravity and you are strong. We do attract attention expect people to check you and the bike out often. Its nice to see someone adapt and over come to do something they love again. Be sure and post photos

Did a run this summer with a lady passenger on the bike and me driving from the hack. Going thru town she would hold a book out in front of her like she was reading it sitting there on the bike by herself it would freak people the f out!

Hope you have some great rides this coming year. The rain has stopped here for a day so as soon as the sun comes out and warms things up I am going for a ride

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 16:30 pm 
Gale Force

dik wrote:
i have seen something similar to your book reading lady. it was a drive from sidecar that had blacked out windows and a skeleton riding the bike!

anyway, here is my lump:

bet that was a great site. I have a blow up doll I am going to put on the bike next parade