Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 18:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 18:51 pm 
Hurricane

:cry: Well! I've decided to call a stop to the meetings. I didn't really want to stop them but after 2 phone calls before last Wednesday's nite meet I had enough of the back biteing & stirring so stopped them! :evil:

A few months back there was a falling out between a couple of the members, which should of been kept between them selfs!! But it didn't &
when me & Wendy was been accused of conspiring with the "eneny" & was told to ban a person from coming to the meetings!
I thought why should we put up with it?
It is a shame as we had a good thing going for all the local members & I feel for the ones that knew nothing of what went on! But I said that if anyone else wanted to start them up I would fully surport them.

I would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to all that have been to the meetings & surported the Buxton NABD. :thumbsup:

I will still be the Derbyshire Rep & organise ride outs & do every thing that I can to help the NABD so nothing will change there. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 19:05 pm 
Hurricane

What a damn shame, why the hell can't people resolve their problems without dragging other into it.

Well done for the work you've done :lol:

Research for the NABD

The facts expressed in my posts belong to everybody, the opinions belong to me. The distinction is yours to draw

FuocoRider.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 19:43 pm 
Hurricane

It is a real downer when just a couple of members can cause so much disruption that it results in everyone loosing out. I've not been to one of your meetings but have read the vast majority of reports on them and seen a lot of photos which showed you had a really good thing going there.

As you said, if two people had a disagreement they should sort it between themselves and I'm guessing they were both adults so they should have known a lot better and not been so pathetic to put the meeting into such jepardy.

Well I hope they are both well proud of themselves, whoever they are, noe that they have ruined an excelent meeting and local group.

Really glad to hear you aren't giving up all together Smiffy. Good luck with the rest of the work you do.

Chris.

Be Cool - Get Tattooed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 20:04 pm 
Hurricane

:wink: Thanks for your comments.
I must admit that one of the people involved said that he wouldn't come to the meetings if the other party did! & has prity much stayed away & hasn't said anything, to me aleast!
But it is the other party that wont let it lie & been getting other people involved!! :(stir :evil:

But like you said it's others & the NABD that suffer!! in the end. :cry:

Last edited by smiffy on Fri Nov 09, 2007 02:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 20:10 pm 
Hurricane

Unfortunately some people just beleive they can do what they want and that the meetings you ran are mandatory. They don't consider that you put a lot of work into running the meetings and they are only there because you make them happen in the first place. Just no consideration for anyone other than themselves.

Chris.

Be Cool - Get Tattooed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 23:04 pm 
Hurricane

:idea: Youv'e hit the nail on the head there Chris!

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 01:55 am 
Tropical Storm

[quote="mrdegu"]Unfortunately some people just beleive they can do what they want and that the meetings you ran are mandatory. They don't consider that you put a lot of work into running the meetings and they are only there because you make them happen in the first place. Just no consideration for anyone other than themselves.
i realy dont think that is a fair point we all know what hard work dave and wendy put into the meetings and i think we all surrported dave and wendy in every think they did and do with the nabd without think about ourselves as you put it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:25 am 
Hurricane

i think that was MrDegu's point! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:57 pm 
Hurricane

squida225 wrote:
mrdegu wrote:
Unfortunately some people just beleive they can do what they want and that the meetings you ran are mandatory. They don't consider that you put a lot of work into running the meetings and they are only there because you make them happen in the first place. Just no consideration for anyone other than themselves.
i realy dont think that is a fair point we all know what hard work dave and wendy put into the meetings and i think we all surrported dave and wendy in every think they did and do with the nabd without think about ourselves as you put it

That was what I was saying squida, Smiffy and his miisus have put a lot of hard work in that others have basically abused. I would have loved to be able to go and support one or more of Daves meetings but I haven't been in a possition to do so. The comment I made wasn't aimed at the general members who did turn up and support the meetings etc but just at those who were selfish enough to spoil it for everyone else.

I think if you read the other messages first you will see how that comment came about.

Chris.

Be Cool - Get Tattooed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 19:28 pm 
Tropical Storm

i think we should be all sent to the nabd beer tent and have are heads banged togher and try to get on with things

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 00:44 am 
Hurricane

I'm really sorry to here that there will be no more gatherings, as I was just about to start attending now I'm back in the saddle.

If there is any chance of a re think or anything else , can it by posted on here, because I'm looking to broaden my biker/social opportunities.

Thanks,

Kinell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 01:58 am 
Hurricane

:roll: Sorry about that Kinell. But if the meetings start up again next year I put it on here. :wink:

After putting this thread on here I have had another phone call tonight!
& we straightened afew things out! & it would apeer that there has been alot of sh#t stirring going on!!
(I shouldn't be surprised really, apart from where it came from!!)

So hopefully we can move on abit?
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:44 pm 
Tropical Storm

Glad you guys are some way towards resolving this. Things can drag out forever with bad communication and i happen to get on well with all of you.

Chris Jones.Merseyside NABD Rep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 14:16 pm 
Hurricane

I hope you do get things sorted to an extent where you would feel comfortable in restarting the meetings Smiffy. It has been a plan of mine for some time to come to your meetings when I am able and with a bit of luck I should be in a position to do so by next spring.

I will wait and see what turns up and how things work out for you.

Best of luck.

Chris.

Be Cool - Get Tattooed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 20:49 pm 
Minor Windbag

Hi Smiffy.
Sorry to hear about the problems you have had at meetings. I am a branch chairman of a well known club ( c-m-a) and recently had to terminate the membership of two members.
It's not easy giving your own time and energy when others trample on what you do for their own end's.
Hang on in there, bro.