Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 18:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 17:06 pm 
Hurricane

Its with a very heavy heart, that it falls upon me, to announce some very sad news.

One of our members and a very great friend: Paul Warren passed away in his sleep on Friday night. Paul had been fighting cancer for some time; we were all in the belief and hope that he had all but recovered from the illness. It has obviously come as a sudden shock for everyone, not least the family.

He was a true and genuine guy who loved his family, his bikes and biking. He so enjoyed the meets here in North Somerset and was looking forward to the new season. We will all miss him very much indeed, a great loss is felt here by all.

I spoke to Diane today, passing on condolences from all at the NABD and asking if we may attend the service; she would be happy for us to be there: Diane said that Paul loved his time with the NABD and his friends their and he had enjoyed the ride out we did last year: She has been comforted in the knowledge that Paul passed quietly and peacefully in his sleep.

Paul leaves behind Wife Diane, Son Thomas and Daughter Louise: Our thoughts are now with Diane her family and friends.

We will be riding out to attend the funeral service in Taunton, Somerset. I now call on all members to attend, so they may pay their respects and show support for the family at this difficult time.

Anyone who wish’s to attend please PM me for the details; Details of the ride to the service are being prepared now and they will be passed on as soon as we can do so. I’m also considering a collection for either flowers or charity donation, depending on the wish’s of the family.

Paul Warren

1963 – 2008

RIP

National Association for Bikers with a Disability
http://www.nabd.org.uk/contact/showreps.html
www.nabd.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 17:11 pm 
Hurricane

so sad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 20:46 pm 
Hurricane

So sorry to hear about people going before there time!
Pass on all from Derbyshire's condolences.

i'm sorry but won't be able to make the funeral service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 18:43 pm 
Hurricane

Well we attened the funeral to see Paul off on his journey..

Of course a very sad time; but also in some respcets rewarding, if that's the correct expresion.

Ten of us rode to the service; we stood at the back whilst Paul was brought past, Diane was doing well till she saw us stood there, bless her.

She was so pleased that bikers had come along to the service to say goodbye and to show their suppport the family.

The vicar commented that " Its so nice to see Pauls biker freinds here today and appropriatly and correctly dressed just as they should be".

Diane, Pauls mum and Aunts want to pass on there appreciation for all the support and for attending in such a caring manner.

We will miss him dearly; we have already invited Diane and the kids to our meets once she has had a while to settle: Hopfully we can give little Louise a rideout as a pilion or two as she apparently loved riding with dad, All ways asking "Dad just a bit faster".

National Association for Bikers with a Disability
http://www.nabd.org.uk/contact/showreps.html
www.nabd.org.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 00:30 am 
Tropical Storm

R.I.P my codolances go to his family & all who knew him .