Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 18:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 17:22 pm 
Apprentice

Thanks to Badger for coming up to the MAG Lion rally and helping out on the stall.

Once again we gave out lots of information sheets and application forms over the weekend to the Rally goers, and once again I'm crossing my fingers that some of them actually join up.

I'll be doing it all over again at the Dr B's Bike show, in Wokingham next month.

Stay Safe.

Col

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 17:59 pm 
Hurricane

The Pleasure was all mine Colin. :) It was a good Rally even if the numbers were down a bit. I think that it is invaluable for reps to support each other. Do keep me informed of your forthcoming events. :idea:
Dave Croshaw
West Sussex Rep.

Post subject: NABD Stall
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 15:27 pm 
Apprentice

I think I must have given out a rain forest's worth of application forms and information about the NABD over the last few weeks.
Two Bike shows in July saw us first at Dr B's show in Wokingham and then on the 29th at the Triumph Owners Bike show in Tadley, (just outside of Reading). Although you never know how many people will actually fill in the application forms and send them off, it was good to be able to chat to so many people and plant the seed.
It became very obvious, especially at the Triumph show, that there are still a lot of bikers, in this area at least, who have never heard of the NABD, which I found extremely disconserting.
I'll be making a big effort to put this right and hope to start contacting every local bike club to see if I can visit them and give a short chat.

Once again, a reminder for anyone in the local area that NABD meetings in Berkshire take place at the Flowing Spring, Henley Road Reading, on the 2nd Wednesday of every month and are held in conjunction with the Thames Vale Vultures meeting, who incidently, let me use half of their stall to advertise the NABD..

Regards to all.

Col

http://www.carta.co.uk/vultures/nextgeneration.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 14:58 pm 
Apprentice

Hi all.

Just a short message to let you know that 'The Look' which is the band I sing in, is headlining the Friday nights entertainment at this show.

It's at The museum of Kent Life Cobtree, Lock Lane, Sandling. ME14 3AU on October 20th, 21st and 22nd, and looks like a lot of fun. It's hoping to raise money for the NABD and local Air Ambulance.
Tickets available through www.buckem.co.uk those of you who know Mick know that he's a keen supporter of the NABD and a Gold Affiliate I believe.

More info here: www.graveyardbash.org.uk
or at www.lookglam.com

Hope to see some of you there.

Col

Post subject: Xmas Party 15-12-06
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 18:53 pm 
Apprentice

The Thames Vale Vultures Christmas Dinner is happening in Reading on Friday 15th december.
Local NABD members are of course welcome as always, tickets are £17.50 for a 3 course meal and Disco.

I'm in the process of trying to find some prizes so that we can have a raffle with proceeds going to the NABD.

If anyones interested in coming along, please let me know.

Col

Post subject: The Season Begins.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 14:07 pm 
Apprentice

Well the NABD/Vultures Stall will be out for it's first airing this coming Sunday 8th April at the Reading MAG Bike show, Abbey Rugby Club,
Reading.
I've been printing until my printer smells hot so hopefully will have enough NABD info and membership forms to hand out.

Lets hope the Sun shines.

Col

Post subject: lion rally rep's stall
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 01:08 am 
Hurricane

Hi there, mate, I trust that you are going to have a stall at the Lion rally again? How would it be if I came up again. Just lately, I have been helping Ken the North beds Rep recently to run the Drink the Pub dry rally and Creature's 'Any Spare Change Rally'. Rick Hulse turned up to that one. It was good to see him that far south. :lol: Dave

Post subject: NABD Stall
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 18:55 pm 
Apprentice

Hi Badger.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, I've been offline and without phone. (Long story, I'll explain when I next see you).

We didn't take the stall to the Lion rally as a lot of us were away for the weekend. I had work, (band), commitments that prevented me from going and quite a few of the Vultures were otherwise engaged. Hopefully, we'll be able to do it next year..

Anyway, last Sunday saw us at Dr B's show in Wokingham where we took the stall and chatted to folk about the virtues of joining the NABD. Once again we gave out a mountain of membership forms, along with info packs and other stuff I've printed/aqquired. H's Trike parked outside the stall and under the NABD banner attracted quite a few visitors so, maybe this time we'll see some new members...
Pictures of the day can be seen at www.tvvultures.co.uk just go to the 'What's On' page and scroll down to past events.

On July 28th, we'll be at the Abbey Rugby Club, Reading, at the Triumph Owners Club Show where we'll do it all again.

Regards to all.

Col

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 20:22 pm 
Apprentice

The Thames Vale Vultures Christmas Dinner is happening in Reading on Friday 14th December.

NABD members are of course welcome as always, tickets are £20 for a 3 course meal and Disco.

If anyones interested in coming along, please let me know.

Col