Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 19:50 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Right side footpeg mod
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:09 am 

Howdo,

I'm in the process of sorting out the modifications on my bike and I'm trying to think of the best way of adjusting the right footpeg as at the moment they are a bit too high and towards the back and my false foot isn't really fully secure on it. I am hoping to get a K-lever to have the back brake moved to the handlebars so...my idea is to get an aftermarket adjustable peg (the type that adjust in a circle around an extended arm rather than swapping the expensive rearset etc), then maybe fusing the now useless rear brake lever so it doesn't move then adding an extension to the small footplate of the brake lever turning into a kind of twin peg footrest and then trying to add something to the ends to stop the foot slipping sideways.

Anyone else had the same problem and solved it in any other way? I'm up for any other ideas and please let me know if my idea sounds daft! :shock:

Cheers

All the best. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 23:16 pm 
Hurricane

On my bike, I had engine bars which I got the builder to leave on when he converted it to a trike, then fitted some touring pegs on the engine bars, with a strap held on with jubilee clips - the strap in this pic has a buckle thing but I replaced it with a velcro one for safety. This was just because I had a knee that didn't bend much and no strength in the leg, so I could still feel whether it was on the peg, but something similar might work for you?

ImageGertiePixOct07 012 by Bobbi White, on Flickr

Bobbi White

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 14:44 pm 

Those pegs you have on there look similar to what I've been looking at but they need to be a male mounting :banghead: . I like the idea of using jubilee clips to secure a strap too, or even just as an end cap to stop movement sideways if put on with the bolt lying next to the foot, saves drilling/welding etc, just may be a bit too low to do much.

Your trike looks very comfy though! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 18:58 pm 
Hurricane

Gertie is lovely, she was my bike and had her converted after I bashed my leg up. Had some great years riding all over UK, went to Brittany too, and to Shetland though I had to cheat and towed her to Scotland, rode the last hundred miles though!

Sadly the time has come to part company as arthritis means I can no longer cope with the cold and wet, or pitching and striking a tent etc - still on the road though, got a campervan now. Love it to bits but it's not the same...............

Oh - the pegs, they ARE a male fitting - if you mean they need to screw in - these just came with a fitting to go round the engine bars, the pegs screw into that.

Bobbi White