Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 21:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 15:35 pm 

Hello all on the NABD Forum!

I own a Nippi and I'm working on getting an owners' club together specifically for Nippis and Trippis.

If you own a Nippi of Trippi, or you just want to know more about them why not Google "Nippi Owners' Club" and give me a shout!

I should say I'm not looking to take anyone away from the NABD, us Nippi owners think the NABD are great :D and if you already have a NABD membership we'd still love to hear from you as we hope to be working along side them in the very near future.

Cheers
George
Nippi Owners' Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 22:03 pm 

Hi, i got a nippi this year :) the first one in a bright fiat green :) my colour of choice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 19:14 pm 

Hi guys, I got my nippi off a well known auction site, and have loved it!!!
However 2 months ago some filth stole it and used it to steal a safe, I since discovered it was stolen for that exact reason. It has a ramp making the theft of said safe easier, I found out that they followed me from work, to my home and later that week they stole it. A customer of mine saw it with the safe on it in his street, and tipped me off, my brother and his mate picked it up on a flatbed truck, theyd ripped the reversing bar out smashed a lot of the facia off the steering column, smashed most of the back in as well as forcing the safety bar upwards and destroying the ramp. I was devastated! But my brother and I worked hard to get it back on the road, and have done so, BUT........................
The engine now is having hell!! my revs are all over the shop, and it sounds like the "clutch" is grinding, Its breaking my heart hearing and feeling it die, i rang nippi and have had numerous promises of returning my call, but nothing!! every local bike shop/repairer says theyve never seen one so they wont touch it! Ive even bought the workshop manual for the piaggio typhoon that the nippi is based around, but im no mechanic and still 3 other people have said various things but no help! Can anyone help or advise me as to who or where could help? I live in Wolverhampton West midlands, Can anybody help? I joined NABD last year as im in wheelchair permanently due to woman driver ploughing into my kwak 650 10 years ago now! I just got my confidence back on the road thanks to my nippi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 09:10 am 
Apprentice

Batman, that's a sorry tale to hear.

However, any decent bike shop should be able to sort your problems out, it's only a basic twist and go, nothing complicated. Ask around for local reccomendations, there must be loads of bike shops in your area.

Best of luck!