Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 15:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 23:05 pm 

I'm needing ideas on how to keep my feet attached to the floorboards on my 2003 softail custom with leaman trike conversion. I'm a para t12 complete. any ideas or pics would be very helpful. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 04:20 am 
Hurricane

This may come across as a joke reply, but I assure you it isn't. This is a fact that I can prove.
A friend of mine has an FXR that is customised to look like a bigger big twin H-D. Instead of paying the overly high price for a set of foot boards for it, he got a set of the foot plates (or whatever they're called) from a wheelchair and put them on it. He removed the securing rubber straps that go over the feet as he didn't need them to be there.

This is just an idea starter to get you going.

NABD Rep
Dunoon, Argyll & Bute

Love my 'tractor'! It's the fastest on the farm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 22:09 pm 
Hurricane

I originally used the foot holder from a bicycle... it was a few years ago so they might have changed but it was a metal thing that looped back, your foot went inside it and it had a strap to tighten it, I'm sure I've got a photo somewhere but don't know how to post it.

I am Immortal - so far!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 06:06 am 
Hurricane

Rhodgie wrote:
I originally used the foot holder from a bicycle... it was a few years ago so they might have changed but it was a metal thing that looped back, your foot went inside it and it had a strap to tighten it, I'm sure I've got a photo somewhere but don't know how to post it.

When I was younger and rode a racer type bicycle, I had a set of those on it. They were called toe traps. Well, in The States, that's what they were called.

They were for lifting up on the pedal crank with one foot instead of relying on the other to push down so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:15 am 
Junior

Hi - i've got a Triumph Rocket 3 trike - had it for about 3 months. During the build I thought long and hard about how to stop my feet dropping off. I finally fitted Triumph floorboards and made a low aluminium lip around the rear of the floorboard - then I fitted a leather strap on a couple of aluminium brackets. It works great and has done from day one. See the pic! Ron (Sorry can't work out how to post the pic - i'll try and put it opn my profile)[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:19 am 
Hurricane

cut your legs off...works for me!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 20:52 pm 

If you know someone who works on cars or does metal fabrication work, you may ask them to make some custom ones. They could probably make them look a lot cooler than bicycle straps. You even even have them chrome plated to match the chrome on your Harley.