Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 14:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 13:21 pm 
Gale Force

You need to be almost stopped anyway before deploying the wheels and they don't take long to get down. If I have the time to brake then there's time for them to get down, if I couldn't brake in time then I guess it would make no difference where they were!!
Most probably because of being in a wheelchair I can't see me flying around on roads I don't know anymore, and I'm guessing I'm going to be a lot more alert at junctions and roundabouts. Hopefully be out with a few other bikes when I do get out and I'll make sure I'm in the middle, bit safer that way too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 02:25 am 
Gale Force

We had removed the actuator to get ready to fit a new one, larger and more powerful, but it's been a 3 week wait so far and I didn't want to be waiting all summer and miss the chance of riding this year, so...
... the old one has been refitted. Hoping it lasts me for this year without any problems and will maybe get the larger one fitted when the season is over..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 14:53 pm 
Gale Force

Video of me riding the bike on the road. Only my 2nd day out on it so using the wheels ain't as fluid as it should be but practice makes perfect. Posted them up to my youtube page because they're big files, first part is with a friend following me with the camera and 2nd link is after I waved him past to get in front and use the rear camera. Rear camera aint as good quality but you still get to see the wheels working at junctions.

http://youtu.be/F26J8KUKQdU

http://youtu.be/KKCrWGVnKdc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 18:50 pm 

Just read through this thread, interesting read and hats off to you, I've just got a TL1000S trike on the road, as you are finding out you adjust things as you go along to make life easier.

I'm not sure i'd trust that set up, I've always had sports bikes up until my accident and i must say been back on a bike/trike is just a fantastic feeling again, I wouldn't rule out a trike as there a lot more fun than I thought and you'd be surprised at how well you can filter through traffic.

I'll try to upload a cpl of pictures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 22:57 pm 
Gale Force

Cheers Dino. Always had sports bikes myself too, not sure i'd like a trike though. That's why it's taken me so long to get back on a bike, was never anything like this out there for years.
This system works although i'm still fiddling about with things on it, getting back out on the road though and that's all i wanted ;-)
i'll look out for your pics.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:05 am 

Help anybody, it says this when i'm trying to upload pictures! :banghead:

You are not authorized to post url links, please remove or rename:
photobucket .com
You cannot use certain BBCodes: [img].

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 13:52 pm 
Hurricane

hi dino and welcome...i think you have to posted more before you put up images. you are not doing anything wrong, just need to contribute more...start a thread to introduce yourself, that'll kill some of it!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 19:06 pm 
Gale Force

I'm sure I was able to post pictures straight away when I started this post although I had to upload them to photobucket first.
You may be trying to use the wrong link from the photobucket site?
Click on a photo already posted on this site then look at the 'properties' of it, see which link was used then try to word your post the same way ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:33 pm 
Hurricane

I think I have seen in a thread that you have to have three posts and be on here three days before you can post pictures. Come on Dino, make one more posting and get the pictures up!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 13:07 pm 

Ok I'll try again :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 13:16 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 13:18 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 13:20 pm 

I've modified the rear rack now so there's no bungee straps and made it smaller...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 20:35 pm 
Gale Force

Looks nice enough ;-)
I may have to think along the lines of a Trike as well as my 2 wheels for times when I can't get friends to ride out with me, don't think i could ever prefer 3 wheels to two though ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 07:21 am 
Hurricane

i had a stainless rack on the back of my trike - it vibrated a hole through the alloy frame of the wheelchair. if you are in a similar situation, i would have a bit of rubber between the two to stop the vibration. bet there is a technical term for this phenomenon!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next