Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 14:53 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Trike
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 07:04 am 
Typhoon

Wow, I forgot that we belonged to this site, it's been a long time. I think the last time I was here we had our 900 Honda trike. Since then my daughter has come to live with us, she is 14 now and was born with Down syndrome so we needed a three seat trike. My wife Lisa has CP and has been in a wheelchair all her live and has limited use of her limbs so she needs a secure, supportive seat and a trike that is easy for me to get her in and out of without too much lifting. This is a older picture from last summer before the trike was complete but I got it on the road in the fall just in time for the cold weather. I was able to take it out on some test rides and everything functioned as intended. Smooth and comfortable ride. I still have some minor things to do but it's 95% complete, it will definitely be done by springtime. :thumbsup: Image

Post subject: Re: New Trike
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 08:10 am 
Hurricane

:D WB lisa and mike, how goes it in the fast lane? looks like you will be busy to be ready for spring, get a more recent photo up, in the snow if you have any. no snow here in the south of scotland, but the hills have it.

Post subject: Re: New Trike
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 23:39 pm 
Typhoon

No snow here either but it's been very cold, below freezing. I have seen a few motorcycle riders out in the cold recently, they must be younger than I am. We live near the Cascade mountains in Washington state in the US and the ski resorts have had a bad year, not enough snow. I found some more recent pictures of the trike, I think these were taken last December.