Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 18:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 13:01 pm 
Apprentice

I'm in the process of sorting out adaptations for a bike so I can finally ride again. I'd been a bit concerned about getting mirrors sorted so I could see around me safely with restricted neck movement.

I found this RiderScan motorcycle blindspot mirror and think it might be just the job, so I thought I'd post it on here in case it might be useful to others.

http://www.huntercreate.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 07:52 am 
Tropical Storm

What a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 17:27 pm 

lightrider wrote:
I'm in the process of sorting out adaptations for a bike so I can finally ride again.  I'd been a bit concerned about getting mirrors sorted so I could see around me safely with restricted neck movement.I found this RiderScan motorcycle blindspot mirror and think it might be just the job, so I thought I'd post it on here in case it might be useful to others.http://www.huntercreate.com/

Hi there! :D Did you know that there are special helmets made with a built in wide angle fully adjustable integrated central rear-view mirror, using the periscope principle!!? Amongst other things, I have very restricted neck movement, and I spent months designing such a helmet, only to find when I submitted my idea to Caberg, that it had already been invented!! :x They are not too expensive, considering the technology involved. All you have to do is raise your eyes a little, to get an uninterrupted view of what is behind(full road width to spot overtakers - your view is from the top outside of your helmet)... The system is completely integrated into the helmet, of which there's a choice of types. They were designed and developed by a UK firm: "Reevu", and have many accolades from users and motorcycling authorities. If you go to www.rapidbikes.co.uk/ , the first page tells you all about them, and then click on the 'Reevu Helmets' tab at the top to see more, plus the range(including full-face and flip-front). They all have £50 off at the moment, and are priced between £250 and £300.
Love the trike!! :D
Ragtimeroller :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 17:40 pm 

lightrider wrote:
I'm in the process of sorting out adaptations for a bike so I can finally ride again. I'd been a bit concerned about getting mirrors sorted so I could see around me safely with restricted neck movement.

I found this RiderScan motorcycle blindspot mirror and think it might be just the job, so I thought I'd post it on here in case it might be useful to others.

http://www.huntercreate.com/

Hi!.... me again! :)
Just a footnote to my previous post. I've checked out the RiderScan mirror.
The Reevu helmets give a non-distorted uninterrupted view of the 180 degrees, and... there's no sign of you and your bike/trike in the centre of the view! :D
Cheers.
Ragtimeroller :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 22:53 pm 
Apprentice

Hi. Thanks for the info. I looked at the Reevu ages ago. It looks like a great design and I had intended to buy one, but then I started wearing glasses! Apparently the little mirror isn't great with glasses. The Reevu would have been a great additional safety option, but it doesn't give close to a full 180 degree view behind and all around the sides. It seems to give about a 50-60 degree rear view but doesn't show much to the sides. There's a pic at this link: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcyc ... bility.jpg.

It is a great thing to always have that awareness of what's behind you, but the RiderScan and Reevu do very different things. Great together, I'll bet. If you don't wear glasses!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 09:14 am 
Hurricane

Shifting your riding position a little, lean forward/sideways, will change you viewing angle enough for all round vision.

Research for the NABD

The facts expressed in my posts belong to everybody, the opinions belong to me. The distinction is yours to draw

FuocoRider.co.uk