Disabledbiker Forum

Provided by The National Association for Bikers with a Disability
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 21:49 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Affiliated
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 17:58 pm 
Apprentice

Apologies if this question is repeated but I haven't found it on a search so here goes.

If a company is affiliated to nabd can we assume they are reputable?

Also somewhere on the nabd site I'm sure I've seen a list of what to be aware of when looking in to having a trike built for example money up front etc. Can someone please give me a link to this thread
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Affiliated
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 22:35 pm 
Apprentice

Further to my post above I am only asking this question because I may be using Casarva Trikes. I have of course done my own research and they seem to be a very good company. I just wanted to be further assured that to be affiliated may mean that NABD carryout research in companies prior to allowing them to become affiliated. I'm just looking for further reassurance that's all.

I mean nothing malicious by my query, and I can say with confidence, my experience with Casarva regarding communication is so far nothing but excellent. I am going to visit them tomorrow to ask a few more questions and I will happily update.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:43 pm 

before picking your Builder look for testamonials from others who have used the company and try to contact them just to be safe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 19:22 pm 
Apprentice

Yeh thanks for that.
Spent some time trying to avoid the trike but I want my cake and eat it. See the g/wing is getting to heavy for my injuries both hips and right leg. However my wife and I are so keen to keep it.

With this in mind we've both been looking for the best trike for us and our needs also the looks. We've looked at various options and today we visited trike converters Casarva. Steve initially gave us a tour of his workshop very impressive really took the time and opened specially for us.

I had a list of questions regarding my requirements design and all was good, saw loads of his work in trike mag etc.

Very impressed so we've agreed a deal but will have to wait until June for our work to commence due to his waiting list, gotta be a good sign.

Big leap forwards for my wife and I, we both agreed which is a massive step in our everyday life. :lol:

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 20:42 pm 
Hurricane

Casarva did my vn 800 kept me informed at every stage and even sourced ant fitted the 6 degree yokes I asked for to stretch the front out a bit to help lighten the steering and give the chopper look I was after. I'm sure the trike shop and trike design will receive glowing reports but I used Casarva and highly recommend them.

Stix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 19:11 pm 
Apprentice

Stix

That's really good to hear.

I will keep the site informed how things progress but it will be long wait as I am 15th on the list waiting likely to be June 2017 with completion of August 2017.

Cheers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:16 am 
Hurricane

Affiliation just means that they support the NABD, pure and simple.

http://www.nabd.org.uk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 16:41 pm 
Apprentice

Thanks for the clarification. I was checking different companies and wondered if nabd had already checked certain ones basically I was looking for a short cut.